My friend was hit by a car while in crosswalk?

by admin on June 24, 2010

A couple days ago of my good friends was hit by a car while crossing the street in the crosswalk during the daytime. The impact of the hit was severe enough for him to shatter the windshield and roll off of the car. He was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance and had a number of tests run while in the emergency room. Luckily he had no broken bones, but suffered a partially collapsed lung and other injuries (back pain, possible nerve damage to leg, headaches, etc). The driver was charged with failure to yield to a pedestrian and there were other witnesses who claim the driver was at fault.

Does my friend have a legitimate cause for a lawsuit against the driver’s insurance company for damages (injury, compensation for lost time at work, pain & suffering, etc)? Just asking since my friend is still recovering.

Thanks in advance.

Related Blogs

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Jizackie June 24, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Yes he does. And even if the guy doesn’t have insurance your friend can go directly to the guy who hit him. Have your friend get a lawyer asap. Insurance companies can be wishy washy, best to get a lawyer in from the get go, before the insurance company has a chance to screw your friend over. I’ve dealt with a bodily injury claim before (not same scenario), well they didn’t want to pay for ALL the medical bills just some (and no I am not some person who sues for the sake of suing. all my bills were legit). I had to get a lawyer involved just to get everything owed to me.

Lyn S June 24, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Yes they would have a good case, I would get a lawyer.

honeysgoldengirl June 24, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Yes definitely, it is against the law.

nimesh June 24, 2010 at 4:26 pm

I feel sorry to hear about the accident of your good friend. I hope he recovers soon. My best wishes. Your friend is very much entitled to claim for all the damages from the driver’s insurance company.

Classy Granny June 24, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Your friend needs to sue the driver and or his insurance company for all medical cost now and in the future. Also sue for lost wages, pain and suffering.

Christopher C June 24, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Absolutely the car by law has to yield to any pedestrians. He should contact a personal injury lawyer.

Thomas M June 24, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Definitely seems it, but you may want to get legal opinion rather than Internet opinion.

John P June 24, 2010 at 4:26 pm

You bet he has a claim. The drivers insurance first of all needs to pay for the ambulance ride and the hospital visit. From that point, follow up care, pain and suffering,. Once all care is resolved, total the bill and multiply by 3. That is what you settle for as an industry standard.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: