Where I can make a complaint against a Doctor?

by admin on August 17, 2010

On January 28, 2006 my husband had a back injury at wotk. On 2/17/06 my husband went to see our Family Doctor. Because the Doctor was not honest in his report to Workers Compensation Report, both of us changed the doctor. Few days ago the Human Resources from my husband’s company gave him a form called Income Protection Claim that has to be filled up by the first Attending Physician that saw my husband. We took the form to the doctor, and he said that he will fill up the form only if we go back to be his patients,otherwise he will not fill up the form. I want to know where we can complain about this Doctors action? Thank you for yuor time and help.

Related Blogs

{ 5 comments… read them below or add one }

mikeae August 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Try you State Department of Medical Quality Assurance.

Nursen' August 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm

It’s a little known secret, but every health care arena should have a grievance form for you to fill out. You have the right to complain!!!

laffy1999 August 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm

You can file a complaint with your state department of health. There should be a website that you can go to for your state department. Some states have online complaint forms while others ask that you call and have one mailed. This information will be placed in that providers file and may be investigated further if deemed appropriate by the state board of health.

Dave R August 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Report him to the AMA. You might also want to contact a lawyer to find out if what he did is actionable or not.

Mom24 August 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm

the department of health and human resources (DHHR)… in your local phone book it will be in the government section. Call the number, tell them you have a complaint about a doctor, the should be able to help you. good luck.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: